Thursday 5 November 2015

What if, Metropolis: 1000 words

The City Of Dolor


I shall tell you of the city of Dolor, A place unlike no other. 

As I trembled into the city of Dolor, I was given a sense of uneasiness, my eyes struggled to adjust to the strange and mysterious architecture that had surrounded me, settlements were weirdly shaped, in a dark purpley-red  like colour, with odd looking trees breaking through the roofs of homes and a small square hole for a door. The houses gave the impression that the residents were presented as animals and made to crawl into there homes and live in the ruins of a deprived home.


I soon came to an opening were I met one of the residents of this strange city, this particular person seemed very odd, he head great big hairy arms longer than his body put together, he told me that many of the residents were old freak show performers, the buildings and there surroundings was built by the people to shelter themselves from the world and shut out all of the angry protesters who despise freaks.


As I carried on my journey I noticed my feet had become damp, I looked down and there I was standing in a river of blood looking water , I looked around and noticed all the homes were connected by this path which lead off to the distance. I then looked up and saw this great spire, the structure was the symbol of the all seeing eye. The tower was not approachable, surrounding the tower was a high wall covered in moss, on top of this great wall was spikes,  it seemed to be to stop trespassers from crossing over the wall.


Further on my journey I noticed small ally ways, as I ventured down one, I noticed a wall, this wall had caught my eye because of the symbol of an eye which had been placed on wall. The symbol seemed to  be a sign of worship towards the tower.

I soon became curious, and asked around about the eye, but no one would mention much, all I could gather is that the freaks see this eye as there protection, a way of thinking that  there not so different from others, a beacon of hope that attracts freaks from far out places, to come to the city and live in a safe place, shut out from the outside world.


The city seemed to be split up of two parts, at the back of the city was where the previous freak show owners and high end circus performs  had resided in the city before they all but moved on and abandoned this area, the area was full of tall skyscraper looking buildings, these buildings seemed to be made of strong concrete structures, the buildings were colours of, whites,golds,silvers and blacks. the high end  area was situated to the back of the city just in front of the all seeing eye tower.

In the front part of the city was we're the freaks reside and still live, self built homes, from what seemed to be  from anything they could find around, most of the buildings seemed to be made out of black metal roofs and seemed to all be painted in this hellish purply-red colour, the colours seemed to be a the same as that of the symbol of the wall where the centre of the eye was a purply-red colour.  Another strange curiosity of the buildings was that some of them had very distinctive human like features, it seemed as if there were arms and legs coming out of the buildings and even some of them seemed to have shapes that looked like faces.

One of the locals offered to bring me inside one though homes, so I gladly accepted and ventured into the home, as I had predicted I was made to crawl into the small door ways, possible because these homes were man-made. As I entered the house I came to huge open area inside the house, i this area there was a bench, a table, two shelfs with which seemed to be boxes of some kind and an old rug to cover the floor.

as I left the house, I decided to go for a walk and see the city from the outside, I climbed a hill which was situated opposite the city, the view was spectacular, the city was full of hellish looking colours, with purples,black and reds, the sky had a slight purply tint, and the sun shone down, hitting the skyscraper tips to show all that was hidden, now I could see that the city was actually cut in half by a giant wall, the freaks area seemed to be more mud tracked with the river of watery blood giving the city a disturbing feel.

I could see now that the freaks homes seemed as if they were cursed, that all they could do was prey to this huge tower of the all seeing eye, a tower which seemed to be made of a magical construct, beams of light shot off the tower, hitting down onto the city below.


as I sat there I came to a thought , the city strongly reminds me of a religious like aspect, the high end city was lavish and full of money as if this was heaven colours of white and gold, and on the other end was the freaks homes, covered in hellish looking colours and disturbing aspect of the buildings, the wall could be seen as the gates of heaven and even be the tower could be the one looking over the city, perhaps the freaks prayed to seek passage into the enlightened area.

This was the City of Dolor full of freaks, a place were Hopes and dreams are not what they seem, the city that hides its true meaning in plain sight and the mysteries all seeing eye which I shall never truly understand its true purpose.    


This is the City Of Dolor.

No comments:

Post a Comment